Thursday, September 21, 2023

Request for Prayer

 Hello everyone,


I'm writing to request prayers for divine protection. As some of you regular readers might be aware of, every October for the past few years I go on retreat in New York state at a hermitage in the woods for time to pray, read the scriptures, attend Mass with the Friars, experience silence, and digitally detox. Of course any normal person would drive the four hours one way, but this year I wanted to make a two wheel pilgrimage on my electric bike. 


The journey will take me over 500 miles round trip, and I plan to ride up in three days, and back in three days, making stops to sleep at the houses of friends and friends-of-friends in Allentown and Scranton. I plan to ride from sun up to sun down each day, stopping to charge my battery at coffee shops, diners, etc. Once I arrive (God willing), I will be at the hermitage for two days, and then make the trek back home. 


I will try to post little travelogue blog posts from my phone at the end of each day (of the ride, not while on retreat), as it might be fun to do. I'd just ask your prayers for my guardian angel to protect me on the roads and that I don't experience any mechanical failures, ensure a safe arrival. and watch over my family while I am gone. The weather is looking gorgeous so far from the predicted forecast (high 70s, low 50s), so that's a real blessing. One of the nice things about being prepared to die at any moment is you don't live in fear of death.




I probably won't write any new blog posts until then for the next week and a half, as I have some things to get done around the house before I leave. 


Thanks in advance for your spiritual generosity. 


3 comments:

  1. I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, I commit to pray for you and your family daily during your pilgrimage. Should I fail may the others who have committed be faithful. Your blog is always challenging, educational and inspiring.
    Keep on soldiering!
    May all you do be for the greater glory of God!

    ReplyDelete