Friday, March 26, 2021

Unless You Become Like Children: A Nine-Year-Old's Primer For Life [series]

 

My nine year old son surprised us in the car on the way back from the beach this afternoon with the announcement that he was "writing a book." 

"What about?" I asked

"How to get to Heaven," he replied. 

Okay! This was kind of new. And I had nothing to do with it, didn't put him up to it at all, I promise. We did catch him reading a Matthew Kelly book one day that someone gave me (and which I never had an interest in starting) instead of his assigned school reading, so maybe that got him thinking. Who knows! 

I asked him if he's like me to publish a chapter a day here as he completes them, and he agreed. "You think anyone really wants to read this stuff?"

"Oh, I think a few people might find it interesting" (plus I need a break as I work on some other articles).

So, without delay, the next few days I will be acting as my nine-year-old son's publisher/editor (though I am publishing it in unedited form) and posting a chapter a day. It's as interesting for me to read it as his dad, and I hope you enjoy it as well. 


*Please feel free to comment; I'm sure my son would love to read what you have to say (and I promise to deliver your comments to him aloud)


Meaning of life

By D.M.


Introduction

Whats life?


We all think what is the meaning of life? And i am here to answer that question .when were in the car we all look out the window amd ask ourselves what is the meaning of life? Well there are so many answers basically i am going to say how to get to heaven and there are ways to get there we live in a world were there are tempting things and we must avoid those things first we must attend mass and commit less sins and say the rosary evrey day. Those are the basics i will tell you later on.


Chapter 1:

Social Media


Now im going to talk about how social media is robbing us from life .u wana take a picture and capture a moment. But now a days u just want the picture so u can get it on your social media think about it. just so you can get like and comments or whatever i honestly think pictures are just a waste just enjoy the moment  also another way social media is robbing you sometimes it makes you laugh but whats better? Laughing at a comment or hereing your daughter or son tell you a joke.

-------------------


[Tomorrow:  Chapter 2, "How To Get To Heaven"]

2 comments: