Monday, November 29, 2021

Quick Prayer Request

Yesterday, on the first day of Advent, I began a novena to Mary Undoer of Knots requesting from Our Lady a particular grace related to detachment. My wife has been praying the novena with me as well. 

This afternoon, I was overcome with what felt like extreme tiredness, as well as a listless but agitated energy, temptations to sloth, anger, and acedia, and restlessness. It felt rather sudden and out of the ordinary, so I attributed it to spiritual attack rather than purely physical or mental issues. I had been through this before here and here

Anyway, I went to my hidden prayer station in the wall of our bedroom, where my kneeler is as well as blessed salt, holy water, candles, etc. to retrieve my copy of Deliverance Prayers for Use By the Laity where I usually keep it. It was not there, nor was it by the bedside table, nor on the bookshelf, nor in any of my bags. I have no idea where it might be, but now is not really the time I want to be without it. I can always order another copy from Sensus Traditionis Press or Amazon, but it's a time thing given the busy shipping season. I'm going to assume it was just misplaced and "Old Scratch" isn't hiding it from me. But who knows!

Anyway, pray I find it, and can hit back, as I'm feeling a bit buffeted and under assault at the moment. Christus Victor!



2 comments:

  1. I'm curious. Did you ever find Ripperger's book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not! So strange! Ordered another copy though. Plan to begin praying the Litany of Humility every evening moving forward..

    ReplyDelete