Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Evening Word


 Sometimes when visiting the Lord in the chapel in Adoration, I split my time in contemplation/adoration and reading/meditating on the Word of God in scripture. I figure if the Lord is there before me, and I in His presence, he speaks in both silence and through the inspiration of the Spirit through the Word. 

Both St. Francis and the Little Flower were known from time to time to pray before opening the scripture at random for the Lord to speak. It's a practice I have taken up as well. I figure there is nothing in Scripture that is not true, not wasted, or not inspired--it is all good. And also that when we put our trust in God, He can speak to us as He sees fit in that moment if we defer our judgement to His will in that moment. 

So, this evening during a Holy Hour when I was in the chapel alone, I prayed and openened the Scriptures to the Book of Micah. And I read it, and the Lord spoke. Maybe you will find some wisdom and solace in the scripture as well, or maybe it was just meant for me in that moment. Regardless, scripture is never wasted. Take from it what you will, and have a great evening.





2 comments:

  1. Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.August 3, 2022 at 6:53 PM

    Jesus is with us. He’s in control. Be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes of course. The Lord is my light and my salvation.

    ReplyDelete