Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Sede Priests: Trannies of the Trad World

 There was a guest on the Joe Rogan Experience last year; I thought, "aw, she's kind of cute." Then I realized she was a guy. (Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!) 


Funny, though...a friend traveling through Connecticut was looking for a TLM, and found a traditional chapel but asked me and another guy via text if we had heard of it. Given that it wasn't listed in the diocesan directory, it was either a) SSPX; b) Old Catholic; or c) Sedevacantist. I wagered "C," and I won the round. 

One idiosyncratic giveaway was the website looked similar to a sede chapel in Jersey I drove by once, and looked up later. The priests there can trace their lineage all the way back to 1981!

1981 Ngo Dinh Thuc Consecrations Table (2018, Andrei Casey)


I was cleaning out some books yesterday and came across the Padre Pio pamphlet I picked up at a St. Pio shrine giftshop in Jersey years ago. It belongs in the trash, as it is a sede 'zine, compliments of none other than the infamous Br. Michael Dimond of Most Holy Family "Monastery" in New York. 


There is someone we know who used to go to our parish who hosts secret "underground" masses at an undisclosed address downstate, and even though it would be more convenient for us to attend something like this while down at the beach, I keep my distance because I suspect it's a sede priest. I'm not going to ask to see his consecration papers anymore than I would ask a transvestite to "show me the equipment" to prove whether they are male or female. You just hope your intuition is right that something is a little "off" and you decline the date. 

It's an affront, though. Imagine meeting an attractive person, striking up good conversation, and then realizing they are not a woman at all.  Sede priests pass themselves off as Catholic as downplay their blatant rupture with being under the authority of the Pope. Like Satan himself, who did not want to be under authority, they "go their own way" and act in defiance. To unsuspecting trad-sympathetic folks just looking for a reverent TLM, they play the part well. 

Pope Benedict XVI quoted St. Jerome in his 22 Feb 2006 General Audience to emphasize the "safe harbor" of the Seat of Peter: "I decided to consult the Chair of Peter, where that faith is found exalted by the lips of an Apostle; I now come to ask for nourishment for my soul there, where once I received the garment of Christ. I follow no leader save Christ, so I enter into communion with your beatitude, that is, with the Chair of Peter, for this I know is the rock upon which the Church is built" (cf. Le lettere I, 15, 1-2).

Just as you wouldn't date a tranny (because they are founding their existence on falsehood, but also for obvious reasons), don't fall prey to traditionalism at all costs...especially not at the cost of legitimate obedience and apostolic authority. Ask anyone in deliverance/exorcism ministry and you know "you do not step outside of your sphere of authority." I'd take a banal Novus Ordo over a sede Mass any day (and yes, I realize the Eucharist confected in Sede chapels is valid). For the Chair of Peter is the rock upon which the Church is built.


1 comment:

  1. Ubi Petrus, ibi Ecclesia. It has always been so and cannot be otherwise.

    Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.

    ReplyDelete